Saturday, April 18, 2009

Concept design workshop - Character Thumbnail Sketches

After a tight deadline I am spending my weekend with taking part of a great workshop in
Wellington at Massey uni organized by two amazing tutors, Paul Tobin and Warren Mahy .
The workshop main theme is creating a visual remake of the movie `Jason and the Argonauts`, what was a visual effect milestone in the feature film industry in 1963 (you should check it out - awesome oldscool movie!).
As I am doing mainly environments at work I decided to develop two characters from the original story: Jason and Hercules.
I finished the sketching phase today, so I will continue with a detailed line drawing tomorrow - I just hope I am going to have time to make the final illos...

thumbnail sketches for Hercules >>>
selected 3 thumbs for creating the major parts of the design >>>thumbnail sketches for Jason >>>selected 3 thumbs for creating the major parts of the design >>>final sketches of the two character >>>
(oh yeah! I apologize for the missing of today`s lunchtime pencil sketch, but I couldn`t manage to scan it today... double post tomorrow though! ;-) )

No comments: